Wanted Manager of Community Operations: Unique community is searching for a self-starter to serve as Manager of Community Operations. The perfect candidate enjoys interacting with community members, working outdoors engaged in physical labor, solving problems, identifying vendors and seeking bids for work to be completed by outside vendors. Weekend and evening work as well as emergency contact may be necessary. The job description may be downloaded here, or viewed below.
Interested candidates should submit their application to the office of the Mount Gretna Campmeeting by e-mail or postal mail. If submitting by e-mail, please put "Manager of Community Operations" in the subject line. Address and e-mail information may be found on the Contact Us page.
MANAGER OF COMMUNITY OPERATIONS
Reports to: MGCA Executive Committee
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Manager of Community Operations directs and participates in the performance of all custodial and maintenance activities within the Mt. Gretna Campmeeting Association (MGCA) grounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor MGCA buildings and grounds on a routine basis for general security and fire safety; identify potential issues and report-out to the Board of Managers and/or Executive Committee.
- Troubleshoot emergent maintenance issues related to infrastructure (i.e. water main leaks, sewer blockages and seasonal issues).
- Complete daily water tests and required Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) reporting in conjunction with water testing vendor; attend and assist with DEP inspections, as requested.
- Manage common areas and parks including seasonal grounds.
- Identify, monitor and assist with outside contractors/vendors; engage in the bidding process and report-out to the Building & Ground Committee (for MGCA Board of Managers approval).
- Work in collaboration with certified arborist to maintain tree canopy; maintain ongoing “trimming/removal” schedule.
- Service and maintain equipment; maintain and update operating manuals for equipment.
- Notify Association Members when scheduled projects may affect specific cottage(s); facilitate “emergency notification” as needed.
- Respond to Association Member requests in a timely manner—during scheduled working hours or “on-call” times.
- Have a working-knowledge of the MGCA Rules & Regulations, Charter & By-Laws; willingness to follow and enforce the Rules.
- Order and receive supplies and equipment, and maintain necessary inventories.
- Supervise part-time, seasonal employees.
- Serve on the MCGA Buildings & Grounds Committee as staff and attend all scheduled meetings.
- Attend monthly MGCA Board of managers meetings, providing a written status report.
- Coordinate and assist with MGCA community events and clean-up days, as scheduled.
- Responsible for the setting-up and tearing down of equipment during summer programming and special events.
- Maintain MSDS for product stewardship, occupational safety and health, and spill-handling procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications & Required Skills:
- High functioning team member in a small work environment which places an emphasis on ethical values and integrity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of electrical repair and maintenance, plumbing repair and maintenance, carpentry and grounds maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in sewer/water systems and treatment.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of delivering 100% customer service to MGCA Association Members.
- Basic computer/word processing skills.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Ability to read and follow basic operating instructions.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Associates degree or associated vocational maintenance training/apprenticeship.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite—WORD, Excel.
- Office equipment—computer, telephone, copier/FAX.
- Maintenance/carpentry tools.
- Lawn Equipment—tractor and snow blower.
- Automobile/vehicle, front loader.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk and drive as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Occasional, local travel required.
- Ability to pass regularly scheduled drug tests.
- General non-smoking, outdoor Community environment.